Friday, July 29, 2005

Is Getting Stood Up Ever o.k.?

So last night Richie Rich and I were supposed to hang out….or so I thought. He did tell me he had to go to a birthday party at 7, and that he didn’t know what time he was going to get out of there….and I did say that if it was too late that we could always do it next week….but….he didn’t call until 10:15, at which time I had already called for back-up (Goose and Boa) and fixed myself a very stiff drink (Captain and Diet Coke)…I mean if Mav was going to get stood up twice in one week by two different guys…the red wine would simply not do. I mean what is this…some crazy bizarro, think Superman, type world?? This is Beyonce we are talking about... reminds me of some song lyrics…”Everybody hurts….” That is complete horse shit. The stress of trying not to be That girl….you know the one who whines and complains that nobody likes her and then turns into this bitter man-hating fire breathing bitch. Thank god for the rest of Destiny’s Child…they believe this is just a fluke. Like maybe I inadvertently walked under a ladder or perhaps some invisible black cat crossed my path. Note to self…mission for the weekend….reverse Karma. Anyway, back to the “pseudo” stand-up by Richie Rich. How would Gloria Glad deal with this? Would she be as accepting as Goose and Boa? To Mav; Goose: “I don’t think it sounded like your plans were solid. It sounded casual and he let you know up front he had something to do,” Boa: “yeah, don't be mad at him yet.....he needs to do the proper date thing at this point though. Which sounds like next week is better for him on that front.” Whose side are you on anyway girls?!? Mine of course….But all agree that the phone call should have been placed way before the cavalry was called in and the drinks were being poured. Richie, you only get one more chance. Don’t blow it….cause that’s how Mav rolls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home