Friday, September 23, 2005

BAD KARMA….OR MAYBE NOT

So the black cloud that has been following me since circa July 28 has again reared its ugly head. I mean honestly, what does one have to do in order to reverse bad karma. I must have done something really naughty in a past life or maybe the big boss is just not liking what he sees these days (Christian may have been onto something)….but really. I mean it is no secret that I was a waste (or wasted) the entire summer…this usually goodie two shoes girl drank too much, ate too much, smoked too much, popped too many prescription pills, didn’t sleep enough or work enough…I could go on. But then labor day weekend came and I went to the beach….I had high expectations for “the last weekend,” almost like I thought I wasn’t going to have any more fun, ever. Something happened…this is odd…doesn’t compute…danger, danger. The signs were all there…I was tired, I was annoyed by my housemates, and the crowds, and the beer…didn’t anybody bring a nice bottle of red?? I was over the beach. All partied out. Ready to stop drinking Miller Lite out of a can with a coosie and start drinking lovely, delicious, sensuous, sexy red wine! Ready to stop hooking up with 22 year old college guys (although this particular one happened to be the quarterback of his football team…I was head cheerleader that night….) and start the arduous and not the least bit entertaining task of finding a boyfriend…my own age…But I digress. Anyway…here I am back in the “real world.” Eating right, drinking red wine out of real glasses and not the cheap stuff either, exercising, working, and amazingly still having fun. But there is the small matter of the black cloud, the bad karma…could bizarro Mav world still be trying to rear its ugly head in my oh so mature and sophisticated life? One quick story…First weekend not at the beach…Boa, Goose and myself go out to dinner. I’ll spare you all the drunk details about the cop who wanted to arrest Goose for stealing a cup of water from the restaurant and about kissing the boy outside of the Clarendon Ballroom (I digressed into Dewey mode for a minute…although this particular boy has continued to call and text me…I wonder how he got my number…) and about taking the cab two whole blocks because I wasn’t wearing flip flops, but real shoes and my feet hurt (this isn’t the beach you know). Anyway…the point of the story (in a nutshell) is that we took the cab two blocks to hang out with the Burnt Sienna band, oh that Jefe and the other guy…not because we are groupies, but because somewhere beneath all the sophistication and maturity…we missed the beach.

O.k….back to my bad karma. So in my real life, I am god mother to the cutest, most loveable guy in the world…No matter that he is shorter than the guys I usually hang out with and a little bit younger…I would take an evening with him over any of the other guys in about a millisecond. Anyway, one of my duties as god mother is to pick him up from school and on the way, I inadvertently pass a school bus that apparently had its lights flashing. Are you supposed to stop for a school bus that is on the other side of a median? Apparently so, at least that is what the police officer who pulled me over explained while giving me a $275 ticket. ARGH!!!! I mean I am a law abiding citizen…I would have stopped. Really. The big boss is laughing and sharing with all his friends…Christian had a satisfying vision that night, I’m sure. This on top of the other two tickets I got earlier this summer is not boding well for my insurance premiums. How many points can you get before they take your license? And now there is the little itty bitty matter of the bench warrant issued in Caroline County….apparently my request to change the hearing date on the first two tickets never made it to the court house, through no fault of my own, and yours truly missed her hearings!!! Yikes! A lawyer with a warrant out for her arrest?!? Is that grounds for debarment? Hmmmm…may not be so bad after all….But alas….spoke to the clerk’s office today. And guess what!! Crowd screams…..what? Court was cancelled that afternoon and everybody got to reschedule….now that is luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home