Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Stereotypes Are Still Alive and Well

What do you think when you see a Korean woman carrying a Louis Vuitton purse? Yea...so do I.

The other day I was shopping at this Asian market down the street from my house. This is the kind of place Goose wouldn't step foot within a 10 mile radius of. The kind of place where they sell things like cow tounge (and not the sliced kind either) and whole pig skin. But I like to shop there because I feel like I am broadening my horizons as I browse the meat aisle and see every kind of disgusting part of an animal wrapped in styrofoam and plastic. Do people actually eat this stuff?

So this particular day I am on line paying for my red leaf lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber when I notice that the woman in line behind me, who is buying all sorts of who knows what with lots of Chinese writing on the packages {note to self...don't stare too long as she may ask you over for dinner and serve some "who knows what" caserole and being the very good eater that I am [Reality Police: Mav is actually very picky eater. Has a list longer than topics the President cannot speak intelligently about of things that she feels are *disgusting*. Such the drama queen] but even I have my limits.} and is carrying what appears to be a Louis and not the old everyone has that one Louis either...one of the brand new think Uma Thurman looking extremely hot in the ads Louis. I of course do a double take [Such a name brander- Mav] becasue this is NOT the kind of establishment where woman carry Louis Vuitton.

When I look up and see that the woman is Korean, I can't help but chuckle. Real or not, the irony that situation was pretty damn funny. There are just some people who can never carry a knock off, no matter how good it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home