Sunday, January 08, 2006

Resolutions? Did Somebody Say Resolutions?

It is only 7 days into the new year and once again the resolutions are out the window. I think I might have meant to say drink more, not less; continue your bad habit of driving home drunk; stay as unorganized as you possibly can; and never, ever focus. Oh yea...as for the box- can't seem to shake that either...ughhhh. I am clearly the type of person who needs to make these kinds of resolutions instead of those kinds of resolutions.

So what happened? Well it all started with Boa's favorite guy sending her an odd e-mail...

ring, ring...

Mav: Hello?
Boa: I think I am getting dumped. Did you read my blog? I am not happy!
Mav: Woa!!! Slow down there killer...lets not jump to conclusions...maybe he IS just busy with work (tounge in cheek)...Lets go out Saturday night (thinking in very Homer Simpsonish way...Doh! I am supposed to be FOCUSED...not drunk...ok, ok...the night will be low key. A little dinner...maybe 1 glass of wine. I can do that, right???) (sure you can Mav, go out with Boa, it doesn't mean you are not focused, everybody needs a little downtime- devil on my shoulder) (NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Danger, Danger...Maverick...FOCUS!!!- angel on my shoulder)

Damn...the devil always wins. So, out I go. The night starts off innocently enough. We head to our favorite neighborhood wine bar, belly right up to the bar and order ourselves a drink...three glasses of wine later (cosmos for Boa) we decide it is a VERY good idea to do a "drive by" of Boa's favorite guy's house...because you see, if he IS really busy with work he will be home...right? Well, sort of...

Mav: Which house is it?
Boa: The one with the black SUV out front, next to the ugly modern house...
Mav: Where? I don't see the modern house (driving really slow...cars beeping, people flipping the bird)
Boa: (crouching down on the floor in the front seat of my very small car) Are there any lights on?

O.k., putting aside that two woman in their 30's just did a drive by of one of their boyfriend's houses while the other was literally under the dash board in the front seat...this is so 1989, we decided to "class" it up a bit and go to this swanky cool bar for another drink...I mean we really had to do something to salvage our dignity. Several drinks later, its time to go downtown. Georgetown? Penn Quarter? Hmmmm...but wait. We have some v.i. business to take care of here in VA before we go...as if you didn't know what I was going to say...of course...drive by number 2. But this time...the car is gone! Oh shit.

Mav: The car is gone!
Boa: That shit went out.
Mav: Well he could have just gone to the grocery store (again...tongue in cheek)
Boa: Well if he went out, he probably took the metro. I know where he parks his car when he does that.

And so for those of you who are keeping count, we embark on drive by number 3...and low and behold...the car was parked exactly where she thought...time to go downtown...we know where he likes hangs out. It wouldn't be weird at all if we just happened to "run into" him...would it? Doesn't matter...the alcohol is making the decisions now, and it says we are going to the restaurant with the really good food. Of course this place brings back terrible memories for me, as the last time I was there the vibe was all off and well...it actually wasn't very much fun. But I digress...So we do a quick walk through and after a brief flirtation with the really cute gatekeeper at the "vip" section...discover he is not there...time to go because Boa actually not a big fan of this place and well you all know what happened last time I was there. We decide to continue drinking, because after all we were already drunk.

So this is how the resolutions went out the window. And as I was drinking another beer, circa 2 a.m., dancing on the bar at Coyote Ugly (don't ask) and kissing some cute dark haired blue eyed boy...I wasn't thinking about focus or organization or not drinking so much. I was actually thinking I was having a hell of a lot of fun.

Epilogue

I got in at 5 a.m. I slept on the couch. I woke up after noon. I layed on the couch all day long. And I thought I wasn't focused.

2 Comments:

Blogger James said...

MAV!,

Funny to ready your side of the story after reading Boa's. Did you just start this blog? I'm suprised she didn't mention it earlier?

James

9:17 AM  
Blogger Mav said...

Boa is the ying to my yang...but yea, started in July. Boa inspired me...thanks for reading!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home