Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Groundhog Day

I've had a few complaints lately that my more recent posts have lacked that signature wit and humor traditionally associated with what goes on in the life inside my mind. Let me explain my recent introspective ramblings. For those of you who don't know...I am taking the Florida bar exam February 21 & 22. Yes, that is this year. This necessarily involves working all day long and studying for the exam in the evening. My life is like groundhog's day....get up in the morning, go to the gym, go to work, go home, go study, go to sleep, get up in the morning, go to the gym...you get the picture.

So the reason for the intospection is that I don't have a lot of material to write about. My social calendar is like a ghost town...picture big balls of tumbleweed blowing through and not a soul in sight...I have even been forgetting my cell phone in the oddest places, like at home, when I go to work or out to study. The reason? I don't want to answer the phone when it rings because I am truly of weak mind...I have lots of trouble staying "in." After all I am the queen butterfly of all social butterflies. I would be out 8 days a week if possible. So limiting myself to one night is like trying to juggle with one hand tied behind your back...it just doesn't work.

However, this is all in an effort to FOCUS...trying to get myself back on the New Year's resolutions. You know its bad, when you have a 4 year old saying..."focus Dee Dee, focus!" Wise guy...but as a consequence, there will be no more Boa & Mav stories, bad date stories, I drank too much stories, or Destiny's Child reunions. At least for the moment. I am all about the studying, which has created some challenges of its own. Namely, finding a place to study whereby I can actually study. A friend of mine asked me why don't you just study at your apartment...Ahhhh no! That is like a child trying to study at Disney Land. All my stuff is there...t.v., stereo, internet, clothes...(I seem to always want to conduct my own private fashion show when I should be studying). I've tried studying everywhere...Starbucks, Cosi, even the local Wine Bar (hehehe...after 3 glasses of a lovely Merlot, I was studying contacts instead of contracts. Needless to say I haven't been back there since.) I think I have finally found a suitable venue, the Border's 5 minutes from home. It seems to be working and it stays open late enough to get a sold 3 or 4 hours a night.

So for everyone who is disappointed by my mundane, rather witless and not really very funny posts...I hope you'll stick with me and remember that today after all is Groundhog day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Original Me said...

dude I'm sticking around for any kind of post. they are never boring. -boa

p.s. meet me for happy hour friday?

4:23 PM  
Blogger Mav said...

Happy Hour??? I think we all know the answer to that!

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home